Sunday, February 20, 2005

So. Instead of freezing myself at the football, this morning I decided to go freeze down at Greenwich.
Ellen Macarthur was sailing her B&Q boat (ship? insert correct technical term) up to Tower Bridge and back again.
By the time I got there she was just visable going past the bridge so we sat and waited for her to come back.
We got to watch a nice film about her Derbyshire upbringing. (Always meant to plan a trip to Wirksworth and never got round to it)
And her adventures on Kingfisher - no loo or shower - leading to the inevitable comment of "Christ bet she was desperate by the time she got back to dry land!"
I fucking froze, waiting but i did get a nice orange flag to wave!
And donated my last 10p to the Ellen MacArthur Trust, which I imagined did something for those unable to play on their own boats, but apparently really is to do with kids with cancer and lukemina.
Walked back via the Market and the Park and then spent the rest of the day huddled into a duvet trying to warm up, watching Burnley/Blackburn and Newcastle/Chelski.
(Who else leapt up cheering when they lost?)

No comments: