Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow, snow, snow. Its been fairly light but consistant and settling. Welshy is out with friends, I'm glad I decided not to join him, it was already icing up when I left work at 4pm and I have no wish to make my already fucked leg worse by falling on black ice.
The way people have been kicking off, I was expecting the same as a few years ago, when it was so deep it was indistinguishable from road to pavement. This is barely an inch, I expect it to be at least 6 inches deep by the morn or I shall sulk.

Rode last night. Not sure if I like the lady that owns the pony I ride now, not only is she slightly patronising I get the feeling she feels put out to have to take me to and from the yard, although I've stressed I don't need it. Yes its intimidating but I've brought a headlamp and should I figure out how to use it, all will be well.
She sent me a text this afternoon telling me she needs to be able to leave the yard by 8.30 at the latest on Thursdays and I should have considered this when she told me about it being in the dark originally and ideally needing a car. If you thought like that, why didn't you politely say no thanks, you're not what we're looking for at the time?
I had a nice little session with the pony, she's already getting more responsive, although I'm putting that down to the cold. Anyway Owner Lady rocks up and starts telling me the best way to canter the pony, I listened politely for a bit and then said that I'd got a few short nice canters from her. She asked to see. Should I be right to be a bit annoyed by that? I got the feeling she didn't believe me. I think she forgets that the pony is young and yes she can be lazy but small short canters are the best way to build up muscle and fitness and soon she'll get the hang of going around corners in canter, she struggles to get a good trot or walk bend so canter bend would obviously be out of the question... Hmmm. I miss Idiotpony and being left to get on with things my own way.
I hope its just us getting to know each other and soon she'll back off and not question my tacking up skills. And I long for the days to hurry up and get longer quicker so I can get up there without being reliant on her, Tuesday I will go on my own as I can finish work at 4pm so I can avoid that although the walk will still be in the dark!

They've taken TWO new people on for my department at work, I still feel like I'm on trial and now I'll be competiting against the two new people. We'll see. They gave me a weeks leave for when Welshy is away so we might go mini-interrailling. Prague, Krakow and Budapest are currently being touted. Lots more exciting that two weeks in India!

No comments: