Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So very, very cold! Went for first proper schooling session on New Pony yesterday. I considered it satisfactorily. Working on bending correctly and straight lines. Owner whinged cos I never cantered her. She's a nice lady, little patronising, reminding me how to tack up and rug a horse correctly. I just gotta bite my tongue and get on with it I guess! Going to the yard is a little frustrating. Takes ages to get there on the bus, despite being 20 mins away from my house and its a 15 minute walk in rather intimidating pitch blackness. Ordered what looks like a decent head lamp and I figure if I take my rape alarm and keep that in one hand and a hoofpick in another, I should be ok? At least with the hoof pick I can do a bit of damage!
Talking of damage, my bruise is EPIC! Huge, black and red with green and blue edging. Today was the first day I can walk properly which is exciting!!!
My contract at work's been extended! Till end of Feb, so that's seven weeks at least of pennies!
Not sure I liked my department managers way of saying "oh I put my neck out for you." What does that mean? I should be doing more than I do? I struggle to not be swamped under it all as it is and yes I've made a few cock-ups but on the whole I think its going ok? Or at least I thought it did until then!

No comments: