Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Picture the scene, your heroine (me) is leaning on her scanner, idly plotting ways to kill Kim Wilde and stop that awful gormless grin I am faced to confront every day and counting down the seconds till I get released (17 minutes and 23 seconds!)
A man stops, looks at the stack of boxes of prunes.
"How much?" He demands.
I assume he's blind and cant see the A4 sized pink sheet just 6 inches above the dumpstack.
"£1.15"
He piles loads into a basket and approaches me.
"Altogether then thats 6.40" I say pleasantly.
"No."
"no?"
"£1.15 you said."
"£1.15 EACH" I wonder if there's something in the atmosphere at [insert well known health food shop here]
"So how much altogether?" He waves a two pound coin under my nose.
"6.40"
"that can't be right."
"why not?!
He pulls them all out the bag and starts counting them, claiming that my till must have added them up wrong.
He counts, looks at me, and then counts again.
"I know where I've gone wrong!"
"oh?"
"Yes! I only wanted one packet!"
"But! But! You picked up six!"
He scowls at me.
"manners dont cost anything you know"

7 comments:

adem said...

he's probably had too many prunes already, and shat his brain out.

Charby said...

Oh I hope so!

Flash said...

Ah, Kim Wilde...she used to be such a hotty!

Hyde said...

Your opening to this post was just perfect!

:)

h

weenie said...

I saw Kim Wilde when she was on some 80's tour last year.

At the end of her piece, some guy chucked a pair of boxer shorts at her - she had the sense to duck or they would have hit her in the face!

Alecya G said...

*snickers* got to love people, dont you? Even if only so you can laugh at their stupidity. I finish work some days feeling like a genius.

Anonymous said...

Priceless and v. funny.

You should send this to:-

BBC writersroom
1 Mortimer Street
London W1T 3JA

No. Seriously.