Sunday, April 23, 2006

I have a pay rise at work!

Oh yes! From the mighty 5.15 an hour to now getting 5.70 an hour, I really don't know what I'm gonna do with all these riches!

I've been too lazy too post this weekend so here's a quick update!

On Friday at the aquarium (before my adventures in the freezer department of Sainsburys) I discovered that one guy is leaving.
So do I apply for the job or not? I haven't decided.
The good things about it are that I like it and the people there, and it'd be a start anyway degree-wise.
But there are several bad points, such as:

A) The pays no better than I'm getting now, yes I'll be getting full time pay but I'll be spending more on commuting to London so getting no benefit from it, and I'll already posted my dislike of commuting.
B) Its not really as hands on as I'd like with the animals, I've pretty much attended all the talks and assisted with all the feeds that the normal education staff do, the only difference is that I'd be doing the talks, which I dont do now but they are thinking of teaching me to do.
I'd really been spending 6 hours a day making badges and sitting on the ray pool, so I dunno.

What do you guys think? Should I apply if the position comes up and then see what happens or just carry on as I am?
Incidently I've been given different hours of work and am thinking of using my new perminant day off to volunteer at a wetlands reserve, and learn how to build birdboxes and weed out pests and stuff, so it'd be another thing to add to the CV.


The football on Saturday? I dont really wanna talk about it, its too depressing, I do have some thoughts but will save them till the last home game of the season next week.

Whilst at work on Saturday, I was placed in charge of the weekend girl, and the girl who just started that day.
We ran out of change and I had one ten pound note and no access to the office to get more.
It was scary and I was considering barricading ourselves in with a small wall built of nuts and dried apricots.

4 comments:

Flash said...

I think you should go for it. It may well have it's hassles but you have so far sounded very happy when talking about it & it's gotta be more enriching than having to babysit Saturday girl's & building nutty barricades, eh?

Actually, I'm not sure about the last bit...

HistoryGeek said...

Go for it!

Oh, and next time you build a barricade make sure you bring ammunition.

adem said...

I'd have to say go for it too. If it turns out to be crap then I'm sure Sainsbury will take you back.

You have nothing to lose.

weenie said...

Go for it, girl!