Monday, October 31, 2005

So here's my Halloweeny ghosty story.

About two years ago, I went on holiday to Bridlington, with the LF, J and MH. The place where we stayed was a Bed and breakfast and we were on the top (4th) floor, overlooking a row of smaller houses, perhaps about three stories high.
Anyway, the house was being converted to a B&B and many of the rooms were still empty and we had the 4th floor to ourselves and the 3rd was empty, which was a good thing considering the noise we made!
It was a fairly nice place, I didn't see anything wrong with it, apart from the quietness, I'm too used to all my city hustle and bustle I guess!
One night I was watching The Terminator2 in the Living room, after we came home from a night out, the LF was talking lovingly to a keg of Stella that was in the kitchen and MH and J were having one of their silent and at this stage fairly frequent arguments in their bedroom and I was all alone and surprisingly sober in the living room.
Now picture a large white painted room, with a sofa against the wall where the door opened and facing the fireplace and the mirror, the TV was in front of the window, and the wall facing the window was plain white, not even a picture rail or a dado rail.
I'd just watched the part of the film where John Connor's foster parents are killed and I noticed something and glanced up and away from the TV to the window.
There was someone standing there reflected in the window, in an stone archway.
Now remember that it couldn't have been the TV, and the houses opposite where too small for it too be someone over the road.
What the hell was it?
I glanced over to the facing wall, as expected it was a plain white wall, I glanced over at the mirror, I don't even know why, I was just expecting something to be there, nothing.
At the window again and then at the wall. In the space of 30 seconds or so.
I looked over at the window and then the figure walked off, arms swinging, past the stone arch.
I leapt to my feet and went to the window, nothing, I felt really uneasy and went to find LF in the kitchen.
Was it a ghost? I don't know, Like I say I looked for any reasonable explanation and it wasnt even like the tv could be reflecting it, it was the wrong kinda film.
I can't tell you what they were wearing, if it was a he or a she although I have the feeling it was female.

That happened fairly early on in our holiday and I said nothing about it to anyone, I dont know why, I just didnt.
Anyway the other spooky thing, while we were staying there was odd.
The living room also doubled as mine and the LF's bedroom, one night we were laying in bed, just starting to drift off to sleep, when he spoke to me.
"is your arm moving?"
I was on my side, arms tucked under the duvet and shook my head.
"nope."
Silence again for a bit and then he suddenly sat bolt upright, looking at either end of the bed.
"what is it?" I asked, he shook his head. "Nothing, lie down, go to sleep."
I sulked and lay back down, shortly after he lay back down too.
After the holiday we were talking about our holiday back in York, MH remarked that she hadn't liked to stay in one room on her own as she felt it was creepy and I remembered LF's strange behavour and asked him as he looked odd.
"There were shapes at the end of our bed, two of them, white shapes."
He believes very strongly in things like that and believes he sees things, I don't know whether he does or don't or what.
So there you go. Was there figures at the end of our bed? I don't know, I believe that there was from his reaction.
What did I see? I dont know, I just know that it wasn't anything I expected it to be.

What do you guys think??!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-first to post! Sadly I've nothing halloweeny to report of tonight... other than a trip to what was formally my scream bar - which not only am I not able to get a yellow card at but is not even a scream bar any more (buy it was dressed up for halloween). It does now sell lots of nice fancy beer which is a plus but it lacks the student feel - which I know from reading about you and "The beloved friary" that you understand... At least a got a Tuminose ;)

J

HistoryGeek said...

Whatever it was, it sounds a bit creepy!

Charby said...

J I think I love you.
A tuminose!!! I miss those so much! Gutted about your lack of a decent Scream bar and no Yellow cards though!

Where are you based? I need further info!
Who are you? How did you find me?

Anonymous said...

Hehe-quite ridiculously I originally found you through searching for Tuminose - search through Google for that and you come up quite near the top ;) I went to Uni in Notts, live in Notts now and used to work in Derby x

J

p.s. Nottingham has a Tuminose too!

Anonymous said...

Ok - not so high but page 5 ;)

J

Charby said...

I'm so strangely proud of that fact.
Go me!
And you should be proud that your dedication to tuminose extends to 5 pages of google!
Where abouts in Derby did you work?

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. for someone that uses all sorts of abbreviations to protect her anonymity you seem very willing to give away (is that even the right verb?) mine!

J

Charby said...

Hahaha! Good point! Sorry. :(

Although I'm not sure there's much more anonymity of myself to give away, apart from real name and address, my friends could read this and would exactly know who I am.

Anonymous said...

Hehe - I guess so.. but then again most people I know find something about themselves on the internet when they search for themselves on google... your surname isn't Tuminose is it ;)

J

Charby said...

Hahaha Shit no, It's probably a good thing, I'd go round all day singing the slogan.

Anonymous said...

Does the one in Derby have a green sign? I think I've only ever been to McTurk's? in Derby...

J

Charby said...

Near the bus station? I've been there.
Yeah its green with the red writing.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. Mr Tuminose must be rich on the student £ then... and yeah by the bus stop.. is this on track to be your most ever comments??

J

Charby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charby said...

think when R was here over the summer we was getting 20 or 30 comments, mainly cos it went into random conversations, its like a chatroom!
CharbyChat! You have some catching up to do my friend!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. well 20 or so posts might have been achievable tonight but 40 or 50!?

I do feel honoured in the short time since creeping out from being a lurker i've had both a front page mention and a declaration of love though!

J

Charby said...

how long were you a lurker before daring to post?
I bet now you've been singled out you wish you'd kept quiet!

Anonymous said...

Depends if you think I'm

a) shy
b) attention seeker

J

hmm.. and I'd guess probably about 4 to 6 months

Charby said...

Well i hope your not shy after my shameless bullying!

weenie said...

wow scary! I believe in stuff like that, though have yet to experience it myself...

Babs said...

Damn. I shouldn't be reading this right before I'm to take a nap.

Gah!!