Wednesday, October 12, 2005

See J! Good things come to those who wait! I was going to write about the football but then The Brat pinched the computer off of me!

Didn't you shout at the TV when they brought Crouch the BFG on? It was a kinda pointless game we knew what, so why didnt they play Bent who's scoring trillions of goals for fun? Grr to it all, I'd have started with him anyway rather than Teacher's Pet Owen. Still it was a bit more interesting than the snoozefest at the weekend.
I think Luke had another solid game though and definately must have cemented a place for the World Cup.
Report here! I am still expecting another report from STF who is doing/falling for the Geneva scheme so he can go to Germany and follow England about how Gary Nev's spot if safe, I wonder if for this friendly he'll make the effort and play Bent or the shock - call up Murphy?

Oh and welcome J as a new commentator! Hope you return!

4 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Welcome J. I take it you understand footy...(I refer to the dialect and not the game).

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm honoured - a mention just for me!! Have to say I disagree with you about Luke Young *ducks*. Thought he was scared to put the sort of crosses in that Gary Neville would at least attempt to-but to be honest I've never seen him play for Charlton so maybe it's a confidence thing? Was thinking out of the match how Sven could accommodate our best players without playing a team full of players out of position and I'm ashamed to admit the only answer I could think of was 3-5-2 :S Now I know no one wants the 'Hod' back but think about this…

GK: Robinson (Kirkland)
‘Back 3’: Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell (G.Neville, Caragher, Woodgate)
Right W/B: Beckham (Wright-Philips, Dyer, Johnson)
Left W/B: A.Cole (W.Bridge)
‘Midfield 3’: King, Lampard, Gerrard (J.Cole)
‘Up front’: Owen, Rooney (Bent)

(Reserves)

J

Charby said...

Get rid of Becks and I think that'd look quite good! I dont rate him and never have done!

Charby said...

Oh PS Comeback soon!