Saturday, December 30, 2006

So its time for my end of year post!

Obviously the main event of my year was Dad dying. Perhaps I'll post more about that next week on the anniversary itself. but needless to say its something that has had a bearing on everything I do every day.
The best events have been my holidays, Iceland is an amazingly beautiful country and its somewhere I've wanted to go for many a year, maybe I'll wait though until they stop whaling again before I go.
Ireland too was beautiful, but totally different to Iceland.
Planning my great adventure to New Zealand too, is a huge highlight.
Incidently I need someone to be in charge of my blog while I'm away... so I'll be holding a competition to find my perfect blog-sitter! The Winner will not only get to post here at will, but will be given special emails with pictures and stuff about my adventures to keep every one else updated!
It'll be like Blog Idol!
You guys have a week to post in this comment section here! With a 20 word comment on why YOU should be the lucky winner of all my embarrassing holiday photos and get the choice of which ones to post and what to put in the blog from my emails and obviously you get to get to keep this place clean, dust occasionally that kinda thing...
Then, the comments will be posted on here and you get to vote for who you think the winner should be!
Sounds complicate? Hopefully not!

Anyway! Other Highlights this year have included the meeting of two other BlogFriends, the Awesomely cool Spinny and the always funny Red Squirrel!
i'd like to put that the football has had a highlight too, but after losing Curbs and the fiasco with Dowie and Reed and our dreadful position at the bottom of the league its hard to see a positive there, but hopefully Pards can sort it out!
So thats my post of the year and all thats left to do is to Wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and beg you all to think of me, who's working hard on NYE and on New Years Day itself!

9 comments:

Cody Bones said...

Happy New Year Charbs

Red Squirrel said...

Vote for me and once she's gone I can tell you all about the bad thing she did before christmas! :)


I think that's 20 words charbs :P

Red Squirrel said...

Now that's a challenge :P

Cody Bones said...

Pick me, because you have no idea who I am, or what I would do. 20 words or less.

shorty said...

I would tell you to pick me, but I can't upload pics...so my vote is for....I can't decide!

HistoryGeek said...

I wish I could, I wish I could...but I can't, so no voting for me.

Flash said...

Alright everybody, don't panic!
I have returned to take on the challenge of being the charby-blog-sitter. Even though I didn't get an end of year mention.
Logically, I would be a fine choice.
I have previously handed over the keys of my blog to young Charbs, I can keep up to date with the whole football side of things & on the day you go I will turn 37 & obviously become mature & responsible enough to take on such a serious charge.
C'est voila!

Charby said...

Isnt that more than 20 words though?!

Flash said...

oh bugger!