Thursday, December 21, 2006

Oh dear.
Why do people come to me in the shop, asking for advice and then refuse to take it?

Monday I had a woman come to me asking about stuff to keep her bones strong.
so I showed her the calcium supplments and advised her to take one of the ones that contain added stuff like the Vit D and Magnesium.
"And thats the one?" She asked.
I nodded.
"Really?"
"Really, really." I assured her.
It took several minutes before I had convinced her I knew best.
She paid for her items, looked at them in the bag suspiciously and then I lost her in the queue of people I was serving.
Bad mistake.
She returned full of indignation and waving an iron supplment and some gingseng
"Look! Iron! Iron will make my bones strong! Why didnt you reccomend this to me?"
She made me refund her calcium and get the other two supplments instead.

I also had a man come to me wanting help with his sperm, So I said how bout Zinc cos of that being in your sperm and he said that he'd had something else before.
I elimated our line of herbal aphrodisiacs and drew a blank, and then he returned with folic acid.
"This! This is what I had before!"
I shook my head. "Thats no good for sperm, its for like pregnant women and the developing embryo"
"Really?"
"Yes."
"You sure?"
I sighed, pointed out that not only do I get sent on random courses about the rubbish that I sell, I have a degree in biology.
He still refused to believe me. So i got the book out and looked it up for him and then checked it with The Big Boss Woman.
He took the zinc and folic acid and walked to consult with his friend and then returned with, yes you guessed it, the folic acid.
"I want this."
"But its not gonna help!"
"I want it."
Honestly, why do you bother asking for help, if you're not gonna take my advice!

2 comments:

Hyde said...

Ha ha ha... I like that you have a job giving people sperm-advice.

love,
h

HistoryGeek said...

What kind of help did his sperm need? And had they asked for his help or was he just jumping in?

People are weird.