Monday, May 15, 2006

My bed room door wouldnt open...
I pushed it and pushed it and then kicked it. It still wouldnt budge.
I swore at it and pushed it some more.
My brother comes out of his room.
"what the fuck are you doing?" He asks.
"What does it look like? I cant get in!"
He sighes and pushes the handle down - Boy do I feel silly!

In my defense though, having a door handle is a pretty new concept.
While back in uni I came home for a weekend and had a snooze on my bed, before getting up to go to the loo.
I twisted the doorhandle confident it would open as it had done so a trillion times before.
The door handle twisted in my hand and I heard an ominous thud.
I pulled my hand back and was left with half a door handle!
I was trapped! With a need to pee! With no one in the house to rescue me!
It was the longest 2 hours I ever spent in my room, waiting for someone to rescue me.
In that time, anything and everything looks like it could make a passable loo, from the empty pringles tube to the half filled bin!
Gross!
Luckily I managed to hang on till I heard them come home and rescue me, but anyway, thats the reason why I've not had a door handle in my room for 3 years

2 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

That is hysterical! Although I bet it didn't feel that way at the time.

bod said...

strangely enough that happened to me too!