Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I've been to therapy!
*waits for you to pick yourselves off the floor*

It was at Dad's hospice, and I thought I was only going to support Mum as she'd expressed an interest in going but didnt want to on her own, I assumed I'd just sit in a corner and watch telly or something while she talked but I got put into a group with another lad my age who'd lost his Dad and a set of twins only about 16 - poor kids! who's lost their Mum.
Pretty odd really seeing as they'd all been in there the same time as me, and lost their parent a few days after mine and had the funerals at the same place and after mine too!
It was the first day I'd been back there since that day, I didnt want to go around the wards and see Dad's room and bed, it was enough going there and seeing the day room where he'd sit or the car park space where we parked that last morning or the spot by the door where I comforted my Uncle G and spoke to TP and TJ on the phone.
It was a lot better than I thought it'd be though, they didnt hassle me too much and we just chatted about it all, I feel so much better knowing that they hardly/never cry over it and feel guilty too over the fact that they dont think about it 24/7!
Not sure if I'd go to another thing, but I got their numbers (well I had but I lost the scrap of paper! - But they have mine!) So maybe we'll keep in touch and talk stuff over and that.

1 comment:

HistoryGeek said...

Grief groups are really useful. There's nothing like talking to people who've gone through the same thing.

I'm glad it wasn't horrible.