Monday, March 13, 2006

"Ok so if your allergic to fish, you can't take that, but! If you come up here we have Devil's Claw, that'd be fine for you to take."
"Oh I can't take that!"
"Oh? Why not?"
"I'm a Christian!"
"But... Yeah I see. Right. Well I'm needed at the till now." Ha fend for yourself awkward bitch!
My customer care skills are excellent!!!

My mother has a terrifying need to be organised, left up to me I'd pack for Iceland the night before after a three hour panic buy round the shops collecting anything I needed.
Instead she has me organised, travel insurance brought, money in the agents to be changed over and an alarming amount of spare socks purchased because "You can never have to many socks for emergancies."
I imagine in an emergancy a clean pair of socks will be the first thing I reach for.
She also made me pack tonight, despite the fact I don't leave till Friday morning.
She watched over me carefully, socks, thermals, towels, underwear, warm jumpers.

Two hours later.
"Do you realise what you never packed."
"Oooh I need more socks?"
"You need jeans to wear unless you propose to wander round half naked?"
"Now who's fault is that for not supervising me properly?"

6 comments:

Hyde said...

You certainly get some strange customers!

:)

HistoryGeek said...

I love your shop stories!

As for packing and being organized. I'm already planning my list and I've still got a bit to go.

Babs said...

Let me know where the 'devil's claw' lady lives.

Pretty please??

The woman clearly needs the ever-loving shit beaten out of her LOL

Flash said...

Though i'd normally be all for ladies not packing properly and wandering around half naked, I really don't think Iceland is the place to start.

Charby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charby said...

Babs! Find your way to Peckham then you can hunt her out!