Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lalalalalalalala!

Iceland and Ireland, Iceland and Ireland!

Maybe I should be working my way through all the countries beginning with I this year!
Indonesia next on the list?
I went out over the weekend and bought a spare waterproof, I already had a pacamac one in fluorescent glow in the dark yellow! (My reasoning was that at least I'd be spotted lost on top of a mountain) but thought a spare one - with match trousers would come in handy, especially for the riding part of the holiday - there's not many layers you can fit under jodpurs!
They're in bright pink, purple and teal! I look fucking awesome, like the Michelin man, especially when I put all my layers on and very attractive too in my thick wooly tights and thermal vest and trousers. Like a right Granny!

I told this to Welshy when we met up to go to see Wrexham play Barnet on Saturday, he looked slightly puzzled at how anyone would willingly wear such a get up.
And then was frankly revolted when I pulled up my jeans to reveal my knee length garish rainbow socks.

I think that's where me and him differ, if I could pick a word to describe him it'd be "grey" he rarely wears light coloured clothes, where I love bright colours.
I threatened to get some purple onto him and he was horrified.
He's very serious and doesnt grasp my flights of fantasy, which makes me quite sad really.

7 comments:

shorty said...

Wow, I read this with such excitement.

Enjoy the trips.

You will be the best dressed, I'm sure of it.

Yay!

HistoryGeek said...

Silly man...colors are fun!

I do have to point out that if you are going to work your way through the I countries, they do include Iraq, which is not an advisable holiday destination these days. (And I don't know that Iran is much safer with the way the president is posturing.)

Charby said...

oooh good point!
Maybe I'll leave Iraq and Iran till later!!!

Flash said...

Charbs, forgive my ignorance (I've been away) but this Welshy fella?
Is there romance in the air?

Charby said...

No, Flashy there's no romance whatsoever, we're just drinking buddies.

Hyde said...

Have a great time on the trip! Pink, purple and teal are amazing.

-h

PS: "Just drinking buddies?" Charby, now you sound like Narc. (Ha ha).

weenie said...

On my first trip to Sweden, my colleagues all laughed at my Michelin-Man-style Helly Hansen jacket, but twas me feeling snug and warm in the snow blizzards when we arrived, hehe!

Hope you have a fantastic trip! :)