Wednesday, March 29, 2006

H2 at the grand old age of 24 has managed to get herself married about a year into our uni degrees and is now expecting a baby.
It frightens me slightly that someone I know has managed to get herself into this situation, and yes she's very happy with hubby but my god!
24!
I swear if someone came at me with that kinda commitment I'd run as far as I could in that other direction.
Yay for her I guess but I'm dreading the thought of seeing baby scans/pictures and boring baby talk.
One things for sure though, I imagine there will be a lot of teeth gnashing and jealousy from MH - 25 tomorrow and not even in a relationship!
There's gotta be some kinda gene missing in me I'm sure of it where the thought of these things are absent from my mind.
Ah well I shall carry on happily ignoring any talk or thought of growing up!

4 comments:

shorty said...

You are 22, you shouldn't be worried if you are missing a gene now.

Maybe in about 5-10 years you will feel diffrently.

Relationships have a funny way of making you emotional, one way or the other.

Did you pass that exam? Did you go for your drivers test again yet?

Charby said...

I'm not worried shorty, its just amusing to me that thats so low down on my list of priorities compared to most of my female friends.

HistoryGeek said...

Growing up is sorely overrated. I think it should be outlawed.

Of course, nothing I say should be taken seriously at this point.

Hopeful ... but losing hope. said...

Lol. Hope there's not been too much boring baby talk in the last 4 years!!!