Sunday, January 22, 2006

Wheeee! Did you see the Chelski game?! Yayness alround, a draw's pretty presentable and we're nearly top half of the table!

On to serious things now - It's Dad's funeral tomorrow, I said I'd write a speech for it and now I'm remembering my fear of talking in public and I'm struggling to find something worth talking about, I'm thinking of reworking the "I remember" piece I wrote the other day on here.
I hope it all goes alright, It seems unreal that Dad will be in that coffin tomorrow and I'll never see him again, never hear him laugh or joke and I miss him terribly.
I'm frightened too of not being able to deal with this last step.

6 comments:

LavaLady said...

Your "I remember" post was so wonderful. Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Me too. I miss hearing your memories of him too. I'm always ready ane willing to listen whenever you want to talk about him.

Babs said...

You'll be fine, Charb. You're a tough kid.

I think you'll find it's all kind of surreal as it's going on. That was my take on it all those years ago, anyway. It'll be hard, but you'll do alright. Trust me.

I'll be thinking about you.

bod said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you charby. i once read in a sympathy card

what the heart has once loved it can never lose.

ill alaways be here.

Hyde said...

Sending you more hugs. I also thought your "i remember" post was beautiful. I really felt a sense of who your dad was from reading it. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it. Stay strong!

-h-

Alex said...

Agreed.

The "I remember" post was perhaps one of the best bits of blogging - indeed writing - I have seen for a very long time. Simply so good because it came from your heart.

You are again in my thoughts, Charbs.