Sunday, January 29, 2006

Oh dear..
Today me and Mum started cleaning out some of the random boxes that have remained unopened since we moved 7 years ago.
We found a box full of video tapes, many unlabelled so we began to view them to see what was worth keeping or not.
Once such tape was our holiday in Florida, when I was 5 and The Brat 3 and there was Dad, young, healthy and laughing and joking towards my Aunt and Uncle who did the filming.
So hard to see that and knowing what was to come and the way it would end up.
Few more memories now to go in that store and now we can hear and remember his voice before it got fucked by the drugs and went harsh and painfilled.

2 comments:

Hyde said...

Charby, I know just how you feel. We watched some home movies in my family w/ my stepbrother a cute little six year old, running around, perfectly happy. Thinking of the awful turn his life would take while watching that happy, healthy little boy was unbearable for me. Stay strong.

lots of love,

H

HistoryGeek said...

It sounds hard, but think of the treasure you have for the future in those videos.