Monday, January 02, 2006

So here's a highlight of last night's adventures and a recap of my day so far!

Went to bed in the parents room as requested at 11pm.
11.10 discover that the bed is hard.
12.20. discover that its too hot too sleep up there, so find a fleece to sleep in.
12.35. come to the conclusion that the reason I've not slept yet is because Dad snores too loud, stare at ceiling.
2am. Spent an hour listening to Dad telling us about how he needed trousers for his report but the man kept stealing the too tight ones and he needed a fiver and didnt have a fiver but then some nice man lent him a tenner and now I had to help him write a 999 line report on his trousers, Mum finally gets him back to sleep.
4am. Woken if that's the right word when you've not slept by him telling us he was in the deep end of the pool and was drowning, Mum talked him out of getting his brother and got him up and put Mary Poppins on for him.
5am - He asks for a cup of tea, takes the opportunity of Mum being away to demand that I let him call his brother or our friend down the street, I refuse and he grabs my pj tshirt and threatens to kick my head in, which is funny when you consider that he cant even hold the tv remote so dunno what he thought he was gonna do.
by 6am, Mum had calmed him back down and he decided he was going to have a shower.
I disappear downstairs to my room and curl up and try to sleep.
7am, woken by The Brat getting up and ready to work - He slept through this, I hate him!
9.10am, arrive at work.
Work till 4pm, get home by 4.20, listen to the last of the football.
5.11pm. sleep!
7pm woken by Dad going to bed, he asks me to keep him company so I do so, and I listen while he tells me about how he's been on the roof (clearly some attic-building flashback there) and then that Mum's reported him disappeared (in his own words) and how he needed to ring the police station to let them know that he wasn't disappeared. (I think this was due to the bit in Mary Poppins where the Dad goes to report the kids missing and then the policeman brings them back as thats what we were watching at the time).
He asks me to pause the DVD, and then the telly, which puzzled over when he insisted I could, merely put it on standby, he then got quite excited about my electronic-pausing activities and asked me to put the radio on and pause that.
Phew! I'm knackered and have much respect for My Mum who puts up with this night after night.

2 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Wow! Hope you will be getting some sleep soon. You're in my thoughts!

Flash said...

You're a real trooper Charbs, an inspiration.

I've missed you (& everyone else!) & I was chuffed that our meeting was considered a highlight.
When my life gets back to normal we'll have to do it again.