Thursday, January 26, 2006

So now I'm sitting and thinking about my options, now that I'm free.
Remember when it seemed like I'd never escape here again? And all those long, heart-searching posts about if coming home was the right thing?
I have options now and the most pressing of all is changing my job, don't get me wrong, although its not ideal, I like working in the shop, its a nice place with friendly people, but I genuinely dont care about if I get the sack or fail the exams and whatever, although I go in and work hard and try to learn whatever they go on about.
I'm thinking of trying for a seasonal position with E in the summer working at our local English Heritage site, she worked there last year and made a decent bit of money, its full time, pays better with lots of overtime which pays double.
Alright its not "zoology" but its better than the shop and its easy money.
And then I'm thinking of going away, just like I always planned, go to New Zealand in October and when I come home consider my options then, I've seen a uni course that appeals to me in Marine Biology and I could always try to get on that, or work towards a Masters or even go and look out of London for that Ideal Zoology job.
So I think my main goal now is seeing if there is enough positions for seasonal work when it comes up in a month or too and trying for that, that way it won't matter quitting it in a few months

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck...You are young, your options are endless.

It's good to see you motivated to continue college, It's the one thing I regret.

HistoryGeek said...

Lot's of decisions to make. It sounds exciting.

Hyde said...

All that can be so stressful. I hate figuring out how to live life. But the freedom must feel good too. As I like to say, "the world is your oyster!"