Friday, December 31, 2004

Well its been another entertaining Xmas in our house.
First Xmas eve, Me Nan went on a strop and walked out of her house, ringing one of my many cousins to say she was walking on the Heath, cos she needed some space.
She lives in a rough housing estate in Lewisham and it was half 11 at night, so obviously my Dad - who doesn't need this shit and was asleep and G went out yo find her, only she was in a neighbours house all the time and had been attention-seeking all the time.
--And people wonder where I get it from!!
Then of course, there was the tsaumi, normally my Uncle goes to Thailand for Xmas, this year he was in India but it was late Boxing day that we found he was ok.
Jarkartass, a fellow Addick, lives in Thailand and I hope everyone he knows is ok.
I guess the whole enormity of that hit me when we had the minute's silence against Everton, and you looked round at the full Valley and realised that more people were dead than were in the ground, so it makes everything else very trival indeed.
So its been very quiet and I'm planning on spending New Year watching The Wicker Man and getting very drunk at home.

And quite frankly I can't wait for this year to be over.
Granddad died from Cancer in Febuary, I've failed 2 driving tests and not-failed-or-passed another, Dad's been diagnosed as terminally ill and I've had to come home from Derby.
Speaking of which I have spent the last two days learning all about "The abiotic affects in lentic and lotic freshwater" which even after two days still means fuckall to me and my first exam is on the 4th!!!

So I'm raising my bottle of Barcardi Breezer as I'm champaigne-less, and toasting the new year and saying fuck-off too 2004 and wishing the best to everyone out there and can you all keep your fingers crossed that somehow we beat Arsenal tomorrow??

I'll be back on the 8th after my exams.
Happy New Year everyone!
xxxxx.

3 comments:

Flash said...

I hope you stuff it up the arse! (we arwe talking footy you understand) Charby I need a hug, baby!

Inspector Sands said...

Happy new year, Charby. (It can only get better after yesterday's game!)

Jakartass said...

Hi Charby,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope your results are OK.

I'm mainly dropping in to say that I live in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia ~ hence my name! And we do know some victims ~ http://jakartass.blogspot.com/2004/12/vigil-in-jakarta-prayer-vigil-is-being.html.

By-the-by, not having your email, I left a comment some time ago asking you to drop me a line ~ it's in the links floating around the bottom if you still use I.E., 'cos I'd send you some sounds as you were my visitor number 10,006 - 3,000 hits ago.

Get in touch and I'll send you some new (year) sounds.

Cheers.