Sunday, May 19, 2013

I don't know how to describe the way I'm feeling lately. Kinda nostalgic (over what?), waiting, anticipating. Last time I felt like this was when I knew 2011 was going to change my life and it did.

I'm having such lovely weekends lately, maybe its because of that? Fridays and Sundays being all horsey, Saturdays have had football interspersed, and yesterday I went to Paris on the early Eurostar to take Lolly for his first trip out of the country.
He had the time of his life. It was good though, we went to the Cathedral of Notre Dame and were dazzled by the most beautiful stained glass. Fuck Barca's La Sagreda Familia (Yeah I know it's spelt wrong but its too late for me to think of proper Spic spellings.) That is impressive from the outside, empty on the inside.
Notre Dame has amazing sculptures, amazing paintings inside, amazing treasures. Scared myself by how much I could decipher from the little Spanish I know, although I def missed lots of important bits I dound I could read the odd sentence which was pleasing.
Seeing the Crypt of Notre Dame and Roman era Paris ruins.
On to the Louvre, and seeing The Mona Lisa, The Raft of the Medusa, Napoleon Crossing The Alps, The Venus De Milo and all those amazing things you've read and seen so much about.
And then the best bit about taking Lolly away is that unlike Welshy when you reach the Effiel Tower and its an hour long queue and its raining is that he can easily be bullied into joining that queue.
Although unfortunately we only managed to get onto the second level before having to leave and race back to the station to come home.
Such a good day though and now its time to start looking for other jobs so we can move onwards and upwards.

No comments: