Monday, October 10, 2011

Today Welshy has been subjected to our bosses explaining exactly why we're bad teachers.
Apparently its our fault that The Harpies complain that our lesson is too easy and too hard to understand at the same time. Its wrong of us to comment that we dislike a child, despite this being said in the privacy of their own home, rather than in the school like M does.
Our planning is not thorough enough. Despite the fact that often we are told to make up lessons on the spot, because they pander to the needs of the children. I clearly show a lack of interest in what I am doing.

This is all very well and good, and if it was constructive in anyway fair enough. BUT. Like I said, they often tell us to abandon what we have planned on the spot and to do something else. If they have a test in something with school, why not tell us a few days before so we can plan?
If this is ENGLISH class why are you coming in and talking to them in Spanish for 20 minutes? Making it clear that we have no authority in the class and they can go running to the bosses every time things get a little hard?

I'm starting to think that I do not want to stay here any longer than my contract. Which is a shame, I like Spain, I like the kids, my timetable works in my favour to do time studying for my MSc. I like being in the country, I like not being in England and not at the NMM. But I think maybe Welshy is right and we should look for work elsewhere once our contract ends.

(The funny thing in all this is that M does not have the balls to talk to me about the problems in my teaching. He is scared of me, ever since I confronted him on the phone and called him weak and pathetic. It is funny because he clearly does not have a clue about teaching the Nursery kids. I even had to point out to him that teaching an 18month to write is a bit beyond anybody.)

No comments: