Monday, September 26, 2011

There is a class of two 6 year old girls that I take once a week and Ed the other day. They originally started off as sweet and innocent but have now turned into shedevils. The last time I took them they refused to do any of the reading that I had designed for them, then they refused to play any of the games I had. So I asked them what they wanted to do and they said draw, so I said no as this is English and not Art class and I refuse to be dictated to by 6 year olds.
Anyway it ended in me making them sit in silence and not do anything as they went on strike and wouldnt answer me in anything but Spanish.

This week I decided that I would try to win their favour by making the lesson more fun, so I brought a cheap fishing game, (you know the kind where they have magnets and you try and attach the magnet to the fish) and some cheap letters and I plan to get them to fish for the animals once we have learnt their names and then they are to use the letters to spell out the names. EG "SHARK" "TURTLE" "DOLPHIN" If that doesnt win them over I don't know what will!

No comments: