Friday, September 09, 2011

So this is it.
Last night I left the museum for the very last time. It seems so odd that something that has been such a huge part of my life for the last four years (3 months and 11 days - as I kept on saying!) has come to an end.
I always felt that when I went, it would be amazing. I'd go mental and tell everyone how much I hated them, I 'd feel such relief but instead I was so sad. 
All of this week I've been saying goodbye to people. I had my last ride on Tuesday and Ian kindly fell off in a very dramatic fashion and Bess was the lovely funny little pony she is.
We had drinks after and I hope I can come back at Christmas and ride there at least once!
Goodbyes and leaving cards and presents from everyone. Swapping addresses with Maggie, Ernie and Mark. 
Finally cleaning out my locker after years of holding the mess back. I left my stickers and ribbons as a surprise for who ever gets it next.
I'd love to know where the ribbons come from. They just seemed to arrive.
My final PHP show (Sky tonight) with Colin. Then that final dash to the Yacht.

I got stupidly drunk... Stupidly quickly. What do you expect when I hadn't eaten all day and Ben's giving dirty vimtos and Darren poisoning my system with flatliners? Honestly I still feel slightly sick when I think about that grim combination.

I cried lots and I have been SO touched by everyones best wishes.

Started packing today. My hand luggage limit is 10kg. My laptop weighs 2.5kg. So I've packed into the remaining space, my riding hat, 6 pairs of pants (why are they pairs?) a camera, a kg block of slightly melted Red Leicester cheese for welshy, hair straighteners, a biological statistics book and a photo of me and my Dad.

I have a 20kg limit for cabin luggage. I have to fit my riding boots and body protector into that as well. I think I'm better off wearing all my clothes to the airport.

Just before I shut up rambling. I went today to buy some new shirts for new work. I got my arms stuck in the sleeves when trying to take it off. I fell over trying to wiggle free and nearly dislocated my arm in the process. At least I wiggled free before having to submit to the indignity of asking the dressing room attendant to help cut me out

No comments: