Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm slowly getting accustomed to the Spanish lifestyle and the bells. Especially the bells and the sleeping. Its good getting up late, having a bit of a potter and then a siesta, dinner and then work.

We've been busy learning our way around buying domestic products (Don Limpio = mr muscle) And we had an attempt at making a cake that wasnt too successful as they dont seem to have self raising flour here. Also I think the heat kept the buttercream runny so it all just oozed out when I tried to place it together.

I feel like I'nm kinda coming to grips with the language though. It is far too quick for me to follow but I can recognise the odd word now and apart from the problems with my cake I can buy food ok.
Welshy at the moment is at the bakery, "Una Barra Por Favor" A Barra is what they call a loaf and us a baguette/french stick.
A euro for a lovely fresh, crusty loaf :) Bargain!

I start my teaching on Monday, but did a little practise on Thursday, they asked me about what football team I liked only they'd never heard of Charlton. :(

I also went to Calahorra to register as a Spanish resident and now have a NI number for here. We discovered how to get the bus which is fairly cheap so we can explore further afield.

Yesterday we were off so a lazy day, Will introduced me to Red wine and lemon fanta which was tasty and then we went to a bar where I tried a mojito (didnt like it) and met a giant penis walking down the road. MAybe it was a spanish stag do. Who knows?

Anyway. Welshy is back from the bakery and its roll time!

No comments: