Sunday, June 11, 2006

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Its the world Cup! Hurrah! Go out and miss the key clash of Mexico/Iran? You're having a laugh?
(How boring was the Portugal/Angola match though?)
And Englands got off to a winning start, although I still remain convinced (and even more so after yesterday) that we're facing another q/f exit!
And if anyone can think of a better way to spend their day apart from drinking in Greenwich, watching the Sweden match outside in the Sun by the Trafalgar and getting the worlds nicest Apple Pie at the Yacht over looking the river?

The only problem I have is that its too fucking hot! I'm hiding indoors from it and my poor birdies are sweltering! I put in a bath for them, they paddle in it and have water fights, they're so funny!

Today was Granddad's birthday so we all (minus D) arrived at the Anchor In Hope on the other side of Shooters Hill, and watched the Holland game and laughed and joked.
It was fun! And an idea was suggested by M that we all go off to Cuba for Christmas and New Year! We'll see how that one plays out, it'd be a quality holiday!

And next weekend I'm going up to Derby, bit sad really cos STF will be in Germany doing his World Cup thing and I think most of the lads will be busy doing stuff, so although I'm staying at N's I'm not really sure if there will be any decent nights out with them all, but its H2's birthday and MH will be there and I'm going to meet The Lizard so it should be a fun weekend anyway!

2 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Poor you and the birdies. Maybe you need to make a little pool for yourself, so you can paddle around and splash.

Red Squirrel said...

You said you'd edit it! *waves fist in old man frustration8 No more freezer timers for you, young girl... :)