Friday, June 09, 2006

Wheee!

Hello there! Have you missed me? I've tried to blog honest!
But Blogger has been a Queen Bitch all week!
Any one else had this problem?
The World Cup is here! Yeehaaa!

ANNNNDDD I've been asked to stay on at the aquarium for another three months!
I absolutely love working there its the highlight of my week, and I'd like to be considered for a perm job there if one came up.
However, there is one part I dislike and thats the public talks, I guess you need to be a certain kind of person to be able to handle talking over hundreds of kids/tourists who aint listening to a word you say, or to give a talk to just one or two people and see your crowd dwindle off as they go onto to see other exhibits.
I'm not that kinda person, maybe its something that will come in time, all the people that work there are doing it everyday and I just have to put myself through it once or twice a week.
but I dislike all the crowds and the kids under my feet all day and the repedative screaming at them NOT TO FUCKING SPLASH THE WATER IN THE RAY TOUCHPOOL!
So I'd like to get into the quarintine department I think and I'd like to find out how to go about that, its so much more hands on with the fish and best of all its all behind the scenes so I can stay there and not have to deal with the public.
Only thing is they're obviously very picky about who they pick and you need a gazillion years of experience with fish beforehand.
So we'll make discreet enquiries and if not maybe we'll sign up for another three months, like I said, I do really enjoy working there.

3 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Hey, see if they need a gopher in quarantine or something. Anything to get a foot in the door, you know.

Enjoy your football!

Charby said...

ok... that instantly made me wonder why they needed a little rodent in there!!!!

weenie said...

Well done on the job extension!