Friday, June 23, 2006

My clownfish - well they aint mine exactly but heyho - are having babies!
There's a mass of teeny red eggs next to their anemone home!
The dads well cool, I kept hopping off from my appointed task of the half hour to go investigate them.
He waves his little fin over them and sometimes dusts them with his tail fin to ensure a floew of clean fresh water over them and carefully mouths them to remove any sea-dust on them!
He's such a good parent already!
The same cant be said of the mother, her job is to protect them (Dad and eggs) from attack and chase away any bigger fish that could cause a threat.
I think being a potential parent has caused her a bit of a breakdown, she keeps hiding in the coral away from her family.
However if Disney has taught me anything, its that Clownfish fathers make great single parents.

Hopefully (this is the second time in as many months) the eggs will have hatched this time next week as the previous batch were duds.
Hurrah!

3 comments:

Flash said...

Hey hot bot!
Just wanted to let you know that I've moved to here:
justifiedancientsofwoowoo.blogspot.com

HistoryGeek said...

Wow, you sure do love fish. I almost feel like I want to cuddle one of them!

weenie said...

Wow, you're going to have your own little Nemo's!