Monday, April 18, 2005

Not being able to drive is starting to bug me, its a pain in the ass standing at a bus-stop watching The Brat sail past, mockingly.
It's annoying when people tell me it took them several attempts. 3 is NOT several in any stretch of the imagination.
Its annoying when your little cousins start taking lessons and ask you for hints (or even worse TELL you exactly where you're going wrong) and for the nice theory test booklet and DSA webpage, as if you have it stored in your head from the amount of times you've taken it.
Its annoying when your friends take up driving lessons and pass while you're still taking them and have taken them for nearly two years before they take up driving, and then pass while your STILL failing.
What's worse (and the reason for this ramble) is that it starting to affect my dreams. Last night I dreamt that M from school and JF knew each other, we were in my secondary school, and they both drove, I being unable to drive was forced to sit in the back seat.
As they drove I (still in my dream) sulked, and then my teeth started to fall out. We got to M's house and I ran to the loo where I held my hand over my mouth and allowed the blood and spit and goo to run through my hands, while I caught my teeth.
Naturally M and JF were very concerned.
I remember weeping knelt over the toilet, through a mouthful of blood and spitting out the odd tooth. "Why can't I drive? It's not right!"
I think its pretty awesome that even in this teeth-falling out crisis, my main concern was my lack of driving skills.

3 comments:

shorty said...

Whoa! Intense. I would give anything to remember one of my dreams. I have only remembered 2 in the last month.

Good luck on your next attempt at the driving test. When is that anyway???

And the job?? Did you call???

CALL!!!

Flash said...

Yes, Call!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.