Sunday, April 10, 2005

I've had a fantastic weekend.
The usual places were visited, plus some new haunts, a stupid amount of alcohol was consumed and a lot of takeaway eaten.
Plus a random day out, the clue was given by STF going "diddlydum, diddly dum TWANG" which made me think of horses playing with bows and arrows and his giggle gave me a clue, especially when he told me we'd be in another city (for the benefit of Cheryl - Derby's not far from Nottingham, home of the legendary Robin Hood)
There was coupons involved of which I wasn't allowed to see.
But they turned out to be Red Arrow Bus tickets, that didn't come into action until today, how I teased him about his "meticululous planning"
(It was like when we went on my last night here to Nottingham Dog Track only to find out it was closed, had one drink in Hooters and then left.)
So we went in the car, played in the Robin Hood Experience and in the castle and came home, to check out the Grand National.
I was so disgusted, I picked the winner (so what if he was favourite?) and did an accumulator on that and the 5th placed horse to place so I won £16
I was there checking out form and getting serious into it, where as he went for the nicest names and won £16.
I sulked cos I put an accumulator on us to Beat Pompey too, and for that woman to finish and The Addicks let me down.
Another mad night out drinking, seeing N who I'd not seen for ages (he saw me for 2 seconds and then tripped me up, stole my bobble and left me with a 2p-sized bruise on my thigh)
It was a great, if hectic time, seeing various friends, although for some of them, I could only spare an hour as there was so many to see and so much alcohol to consume.
God how I miss that kinda life! Lol!

1 comment:

Flash said...

Glad you had a cool weekend, me too!