Monday, April 04, 2005

Job interviews are SCARY!!!!!!!
Woke up this morning and headed out, after fist popping round to the Co-Op and shocking the morning check-out girl that I normally say Hi to.
"You've got shoes on! And trousers! Have you got contacts in?"
"I always wear shoes, if you count trainers (apart from one time when I walked there barefoot cos I forgot to put my shoes on) I always wear trousers too, Jeans ARE trousers. And I don't make a habit of pottering round half-blind so yes I would have contacts in."
This was mentally, I don't want her to refuse to serve me or even ban me from the shop. I'm a wimp, I know.
So I toddled out to find a bus to take me to the train station and DND (D Next Door - Actually It should be D Next Door But One but writing DNDBO is a no-no) was coming out.
And he kindly drove me to the train station, which is actually the first time I've spoken to him in seven years of living almost-but-not-quite-next-door. Other than Hello, you alright?
I got a *teeny* bit lost coming out of Warren Street Station but seeing as I still managed to get there 45 minutes early (and I'd stopped for Breakfast at MacDonalds) I wasn't too fussed.
So I got shown round and all that was chilled but the actual Interview itself was a bit scary.
I got sat in front of 4 blokes and the more nervous I got, the more I babbled on about shite.
Hopefully it was all ok
Rang the Mothership on the way out and apart from noticing I went past a Scream bar and thinking fondly of a trip to Our Beloved Friary on Friday I just wandered, which even for a person with a good sense of direction is bad but for me, who has NO sense of direction and even less of a clue about getting round London than your local Japanese Tourist was up shit creek without a paddle.
About 4 miles later and an hour of limping as my feet hurt more and more, and then being reduced to a crawl and getting lapped by 82 year old grannies I found myself in Oxford Street and eventually, veerrrryyy slowly at Tottenham Court Tube Station and then I painfully crawled home to inspect a bloody sock and two feet full of blisters.
(Best bet - If I get this job I can wear Footy shirt and jeans - Hell yeah!)
Fingers crossed that Its good news at the end of the Week when they tell me if I got the job or not!

3 comments:

shorty said...

I'm keeping all my things crossed for you now!

Flash said...

Everything crossed here too babe!

Hyde said...

Good luck with the job!!! You post reminded me of the summer I spent in London. I lived right by that tube station. I loved it there... I hate job interviews too, though. Have to look for a summer job soon and have been putting it off.