Monday, January 03, 2011

So here we are, a little later than planned but its my End of Year Review.

Definate Highs - India, Diving in Lanzarote and seeing the angel Shark, visiting Barcelona when I thought it impossible, moving out, my GCSE Maths result.

Definate Lows - Failure for Charlton to win Promotion, the Mugging (I still am a little jumpy walking that way back home), Getting my wallet stolen in Barca and Natwests refusal to provide me with my own money, the two housemates turning into the BIGGEST pair of fuckwits ever and pushing me and Welshy back home. Failure to get into uni. STILL being stuck in that shit job.

But last year was a time of change, doing my GCSE helped me get that step closer to uni, at least now I'm expectant of getting an interview and as I keep reminding myself, I now have a back up plan. All is not lost if I fail to get in.
I got a promotion at work so I'm on almost decent money. Living with Welshy is good, I like having him about all the time and I like having my time away from him.
Forming the N.M.M.C.A.S.C. Was great, I've made good friends with the boys from work and we go on our away trips together, rather than E letting me down.
E - I don't know. We're not as close as before. Sometimes I think she is jealous of me having Welshy. I am jealous of her jet-setting and I am jealous of The Usurper stealing my place.

This year is the 5th since Dad died - Imagine! This is a week to be endured and survived.
But I know, feel deep in myself that 2011 is going to get better. I know I will not wake up next Christmas and find myself still in this rut. I have made steps to pull myself out of it. Something will change and it will be for the better.

No comments: