Monday, August 13, 2012

The Tomato Sauce Incident.

So. If you've been reading this for a while, you are aware of how I have complained how cunty my brother and mother can be to me. Perhaps you may have thought that perhaps this was an over-reaction on my part. Perhaps I was being a spoiled brat.
Anyway, all week he's been eating some unholy mess of melted peanut butter, baked beans and salt (salts very important apparently) and leaving the plates, here, there and everywhere. To prevent a repeat of last years war where I gathered up all his dirty plates left in the computer room and left them outside his bedroom door, I put them into the kitchen, where they have sat all week.



Now lets point out that we have a dishwasher, so merely involves putting plates into that until its full and then putting it on. Not rocket science. Not hard work. Unfortunately Brat seems to believe otherwise and that's where they've stayed.
Last night, rather sarcastically (he felt the need to point out he was being so) he shouted that: "You might be able to find time in your busy day to clean the kitchen." 
I started to say that I do so when I worked fulltime and I cleaned all his stuff up then too, that its not like its much for him to do. Anyway, he slammed the door and we heard him rooting about in the kitchen. Later I went out to get a drink and I came across this.
Yup. He's taken all the clean plates out and smeared tomato sauce over them so I have to clean them if me and Welshy want to eat. There are two plates in the dishwasher from our meal earlier that night and that's all.
So, as a result that I perfectly reasonably refused to scrape his plates and put them in the dishwasher, we got this reaction. I'm 29 tomorrow. He's 26 in September. This is ridiculous. I don't have a problem with putting the odd plate in the washer. But I see no reason why I should do it all the time for him or go around the house rounding up his dirty food remains. So. Am I the one being childish or is he? Or are we both as bad as each other? Mother has already told me that I need to clean up after him while she is away, but I just don't see why I should.
Except now the house stinks of sauce. I'm feeling like I'm the brat for refusing to do what really is nothing to me, except I'm so tired of being the only one who does the washing, the hoovering, the cleaning. I don't see what me being at work or not matters. Its stuff I'm expected to do regardless.  
So judge me Internet. Am I as petty and spoiled as my brother? Is he in the wrong? Am I? Lets face it, I'm going to clean all this up at some point or it'll sit there till mum gets home in three weeks and then I'll be moaned at for winding him up.

No comments: