Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I set myself Three New Years Resolutions last year.
1: To travel more
2: Learn another language
3: Finally get another job.

Hmm. I guess I did achieve the travelling thing, I toured most of Italy, well the only bits I'd ever wanted to see anyway. I only really got the one day in Rome, so I'd like to go back and see the bits I missed, actually get inside the Vatican and see the Sistine Chapel, as it was too busy when we were there and we were so limited for time. I think I'd like to go to Venice again as well, its shabby and rundown, but on a good day its one of the most beautiful cities. If things had gone according to plan I'd also be able to tell you that my Visa and plane tickets to India were sorted, but there we go. I still have 18 days of leave to use up before April, so I'm sure I'll get away again.
I did Also achieve my other language resolution, well I claim I did, I guess it depends on the person, I went on a BSL (British Sign Language) course in the Summer, I'd like more practise at it, but I feel I could, perhaps, have a very basic coversation with a Deaf person, I'm also trying to put my Gallery Favourite Talk into Sign, but that's gonna be a long process, perhaps next year I'll do another course in it as I really enjoyed it.
I failed in my mission to get another job, not without lack of trying, I had three interviews last year, perhaps that dont sound too good, but over 300 people went for my Seal Job over in norfolk and to get myself in the last 6 that get interviewed ain't too bad! And I think thats the same with all my other interviews, plus what with the climate at the moment, people are less inclined to leave the jobs they have, or create others, so it was August that I had my last interview, but I have one Thursday week, so we'll see.

Good points of the Year? - Welshy coming back and getting Geronimo, I cant imagine going back to just seeing him, one day every three weeks again, Italy was a good point as well. I've started riding again too, something I've missed a lot, although falling off of Selica last week, wasnt good!
Bad? - Still being in the Museum, still pandering to the whims of Mother - who is the reason I'm home tonight, even though she went to bed at 7.
Granddad's Cancer is another bad point, I couldnt bear it if he died as well, nor can I bear the fact that my other Aunts and Uncles seem to carelessly abandon him and Nanny to me and Mum to deal with.
And Charlton's seemingly relentless slide to League One is also a real bad point! Just think, when I started this blog, we were 4th in the prem and beating the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Now we're 24th in the Championship and 4 points behind everyone else, in a lower league and losing to the likes of Barnsley and Blackpool and if things dont pick up we'll be off to another lower division!

I wanna talk about MH too, but that's a post for another day, so all thats left is for me to thank you all for reading! Wish you a Great New Year and Hope you join me in telling 2008 to fuck off at midnight!

No comments: