Thursday, March 29, 2007

I scored a free ticket today to see WICKED. Its only the second musical I've seen and I really loved this.
Its basically a prequal to The Wizard of Oz (with Harry Potter's Professor Sprout!) and deals with themes like racism and our perception of good vs bad and media spin!
And we get to see the history of all the witches, the flying monkeys (fly my Pretties! Fly!) and the Dorothys pals, the Tinman, Scarecrow, and the Lion!
I read the book before going to see this and I wish I hadn't. Normally I'm a big fan of books being better than films/musicals but I think the play and book are written by different people, and this was definately the better version!
So at the end of Charbs's little Theatre review, Ireckon you should all go and see this, if only to try and work out how she gets to be green! Is it Make up? Is it lights?
ooooh!

8 comments:

Babs said...

if only to try and work out how she gets to be green! Is it Make up? Is it lights?

Maybe she eats bad clams before each show.

Bleurgh!!

HistoryGeek said...

I enjoyed the book, but I'd love to see the show, too.

shorty said...

Could you try calling Flashy on his cell phone.

I've tried his home phone and I believe it's been disconnected.

How are you? Good luck with the job hunting?

Did you get your season tix yet?

weenie said...

I quite fancy seeing this too, might try and organise it for work.

Cody Bones said...

It's great, isn't it.

Hyde said...

I am dying to see Wicked. Hammer loves it and is always singing the songs...

:)

love,
h

shorty said...

Ok, Charbs, Flashy is back.

Flash said...

He sure is!!
Wow, you're skydiving pics are ace. I shall read all about your antipodean adventures when I get the chance.
For now I just wanted to say hey!

PS. I still have your world cup programme!