Monday, November 20, 2006

Hello!
Did you miss me?
My God Scotland is cold! We were up in the Highlands for three days and I just kept watching the snow advance down the mountains.
Which was a bit of a bollocker cos all the touristy things were closed, but we did get to feed reindeer (I'll put some pictures up in the post under this!)
And we went on some nice walks around a Loch with a castle on a island in the middle and to a Highland Wildlife park with deer and wolves and bison and stuff and super rare Prezwalki ponies, which have not altered, or evolved since the Stone Age and there's about 20 of them left in the wild.
And I also went to Edinburgh one day, which excited me, and I shall tell you the story of my previous trip there.
*starts flashback*
I was looking for universities see, and had gone to look at a course on Freshwater and Marine Biology, and me and the Mothership travelled up overnight on the Coach, which was a bad night in itself, surrounded as we were by other farting, snoring travellers.
Anyhoo! We got into Edinburgh, which is a gorgeously gothic city about 7am and we pulled up outside a Macdonalds near the City's main Shopping street.
So we hopped in there for Breakfast, now my uni open day started at 10am, so we had lots of time to kill, we'd each dressed up in stupid unsuitable shoes for a day out and had Twenty pound between us until 9pm when the Coach returned to take us home.
So at 10am we got to the Uni, and by 20 past 11, we were done, so we had many, many hours to kill, and little money, especially once we'd brought cheap trainers to rest our poor aching feet!
So we spent a great deal of that day, looking up and down the streets, walking up the hill to the castle, having no money to go in, and returning to our Base Camp of Macdonalds, where we'd buy milkshakes, read the free papers and then go out again, only to return an hour or so later
We ate in there, made use of their loo's drank, rested and chatted, its probably one of my favourite memories of hanging out with Mum.
*End flashback*

And while I was getting excited about seeing my Macdonalds again (TP and TJ laughed at me when I wanted to take a picture of it again!)
They took me to Mary Kings Close, an underground street from the 1600's and I met GreyFriars Bobby! (Which, if you dont know the story, is a little scruffy terrier, who after his owner died, returned to sleep on his grave every night for the next decade!
So it was an ace trip, apart from the cold and I went to see TP and TJ work on the farm, demonstrating how their sheepdog Skye goes herding the sheep, which is so cool, and met her puppies, which had been born early in the year.

2 comments:

Memoeslink said...

Hey, Im Guillermo from Mexico. This Blog is interesting, even when I´m in the other side of the world I can see and learn ´bout new things. Great blog and congratulations. My blog is memoeslink.blogspot.com

HistoryGeek said...

I love Edinburgh! The next time I go, I'll let you know and we can meet up. Mary King's close is totally fun, and Grey Friar's is a beautiful graveyard.

I'm suitably jealous of your trip!