Wednesday, September 18, 2013

So the Mother Boyfriend situation continues.
Apparently she plans on moving in with him ASAP. Granddad is going into a home now (that sounds like she's forcing him to, she's not. The situation with him has deteriorated dramatically).
So I don't know where that leaves us. I cannot live with The Brat. I cannot live longterm hiding food and plates in my room, being forced to spend all my time in my room as I cannot bear the mess in the living room and also not wanting to tidy it up.
Where will I - we - go? We can only afford to stay at home if all three of us pay mother real rent and the bills.
She suggested moving into my Granddad's house. I'm not comfortable with that tbh. And it does not solve the problem of living with the boy except that the house is big enough to separate into two. And thats only if the other family members are down with it, and I can hardly see that being the case!!!
The other problem involves my aviary. Me and Welshy could possibly afford some scummy little flat even if it involves sharing with other people. Scummy little flats do not often include gardens.
It is not fair and simply not possible to move 14 birds that are used to being outside in a spacious aviary where they can fly, climb and play as naturally as possible into a cage.
Do Scummy flats include space for tortoises?
So options become even more limited...

I am worried about this. Selfishly worried about what will become of me and my pets. Worried as well that this is all so impulsive. Leaving her job, her home (she plans on renting it to strangers if we all move out), selling her car. Leaving her friends and family for a man she met a month ago. A "songwriter" in his 50's. She wrote to someone she knows "I've spoken to him every day since. I never thought I could feel like this again."

He is coming over next week. She wisely decided against letting him stay here, which I think would blow The Brat's mind and he's already struggling to deal with this - as am I. Lets not pretend.
One month ago and Dad was still all she wanted. His clothes still in the wardrobe. His slippers still by the radiator. 7 years and still mourned.
Now 1 month has passed and she's like a lovesick teenager and I have to bite my tongue least I am accused again of not supporting her, not wanting her to be happy.
And I do. I do want her to be happy. I guess I just assumed it wouldn't change anything for me. That it'd be someone in the UK and it could be a gradual process. This is all so rushed and quite frankly I fear her getting her heart broken and being left stranded, jobless and friendless and me again having to pick the pieces up.

I am also - selfishly - worried about being homeless and what will become of my pets.

Still. Went for an interview today, that will pay slightly more so if I get that, perhaps I'd be able to save a bit more and get some kind of deposit together for a flat for me and Welshy.

I forgot to mention. STF got married on Saturday. I was unable to go due to last minute change of plans. Funny but those guys that were once so close to me, are now like strangers and missing the wedding was sad, but at the end of the day left me rather unbothered.

No comments: