Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Its looking more and more likely that Welshy is going to be offered a job in Spain... There would be work for me too should I go.
Do I go though?
I need to be able to pay for this course for three years, I could potentially take up to 6 months unpaid leave from the museum and then go back at the end of it. So if thats agreeable with this language school I can work there for 6 months, then come home if it works out too expensive for my course.
Welshy thinks it'll be ok. He'll earn 1200 euro... and rent is 400 pcm. I need to then just cover enough to pay for my course and what?.... sponge off of him? I dont know. He owes me enough to make it worthwhile.
I'd miss riding, I dont want to lose my spot at new stables. I'm learning so much and dont wanna go back on a years waiting list there. I'd miss football.

And there's Mother... She doesn't want me to go. She says I/we'd struggle too much for money out there.
She says she cant cope without my rent money. That she'd need to take out a second job... That she'd need to rent out my room. She says its unfair of me to go and leave her with my brother, with my nan and granddad.
I havent even had my interview for this place and I already feel guilty for even considering the idea. For wanting to leave her in the lurch. I'd be such a bad person to do that. However Welshy points out that he left his mother in the exact same position to come here for me and that I am now 28(gulp) not 18. That I can't spend the rest of my life in a job I hate and living at home to help support her until she dies.
I want to go. It'd be a huge adventure. As long as I could be sure I can afford my course and have my job to fall back on after 6 months if it doesnt work out. But how can I turn my back on someone who would struggle to live without my wages? That would make me a shitty awful person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go.

Just go.

Your mum will survive. If she really needs the rent money she can rent your room out. If she needs people round her, she's got your bro and should actually be encouraged to try and make some friends of her own, not lean on you all the time.

She probably doesn't mean it in a bad way, but she is guilt-tripping you and should lay off.

You are entitled to have a life of your own at 28.

Go. Enjoy it. Spread your wings.