Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"So" I enquired at the end of last nights event. "What are you gonna do with all this bamboo?"
She shrugged. "Just break it up and bin it I guess."
"You cant do that!" I was horrified, I dont know much about plants but wasting them like that seems like a crime to me.
"I'll take one home!"
She shrugged at me again. "Suit yourself."
So that is how at 9pm last night I was struggling down the road carrying a 7 foot tall bamboo plant. I had right difficulty getting him on the bus, cos he's actually taller than a bus and got trapped a lot in traffic lights, over hanging trees, low flying aircraft, that kinda thing.
However he's now safely placed in a corner of my kitchen, awaiting a pot to live in.
I named him Brutus, he looks like a big masculine plant to me!

Hyde - its difficult to say what exactly is my Mum's main problem with Welshy. Mainly I think its jealousy, she's always struggled with the idea that she's not the most important thing in my life, and she's been totally reliant on me for a long time now. Fear of me leaving home is another one I think again because she's relied on me for so long.
I dont really know how to deal with it, other than to try and ignore her as much as possible.

3 comments:

Red Squirrel said...

What event?

Hyde said...

Well, I think it's really unfair of her, so I'm glad you're staying grounded about it.

As for the plant? I think Brutus is a fabulous name!! :)

love,
h

weenie said...

Hmm...talking to your mum might help you both?

I stopped naming my plants a loooong time ago because I kept killing them and it was upsetting me! Now, if they die due to lack of water/over watering, they were just 'plants'...