Monday, April 09, 2007

Yeah, I know I said things might take a break but I just wanted to share this with you.
This came from the Charlton Programme today (a forgetable 0-0 draw against Reading, two points lost in our battle to avoid relegation. Grr)
ANYWAY!
I was leafing through the Programme before the game as usual and my Granddad points this out to me. (You have to click the imageshack linky)
"That's my Granddad that is!"
How cool is that? I can trace my Charlton Supporting pedigree all the way back to 1915, according to this picture date. Thats 6 generations!
No ones really sure what this pictures about or where they were going in it. An Away game perhaps?
Anyway, the reason this is in the paper is that some of these people, are known to be Charlton Directors (well the guy in the top hat anyway) and helped raise funds to have us put into the football league in 1921.
But enough of the history lesson, my Great, Great Granddad is the guy in the 2nd row just to the right and above the man with an accordian.
He has a pipe in his hand and wearing a very posh looking watch and chain thingy about his waist.
I must ask about him before I forget and he forgets himself.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5853/file0001kt3.jpg

3 comments:

shorty said...

That is awesome, I see the resemblance!

HistoryGeek said...

That is a wonderful thing to find!

Cody Bones said...

I wnat to party with those guys :)