Thursday, April 26, 2007

So Tuesday night STF fulfilled a long term promise in taking me to Gay Meadow, home of his beloved Shrewsbury Town.
I dont think he'll be taking me again in a hurry as they lost 1-0 to their hated rivals Wrexham. and a violent plague on the tall 6 foot person who chose to not stand behind me, or even to my side but in front of my tiny 5'2" frame and I spent most of the match gazing over his shoulder or admiring the back of his head.
You can say what you like about bringing back Terracing but its a bitch for us short-arses!
Driving up there was loads of fun too, STF enjoys his cheese and we sped to the ground with MH and A in tow, singing along to some of the best cheese, like the Bob the Builder theme and "My Dingaling" which always provides me with endless giggles.
And I earned several admiring glances (at least I'm sure thats what they were) from A when I sang along - well slightly ahead - to Ernie!
but yeah! It was great fun, loads like the old days and I was gutted as I always am to come home the next day.
And on Saturday I shall be preparing for my marathon coach trip to the must win destination of Blackburn, I'm expecting it to take at least 4 hours if not loads longer, at least it'll seem longer if we lose!
COME ON YOU ADDICKS!

No comments: