Friday, October 18, 2013

So I went to Dubai right?
I loved Dubai. I didn't think I would, the heat, the culture...
We went to Oman on a long drive to snorkel and saw dolphins. Went to the Atlantis Resort and rode terrifying rides that were amazing fun as well.
The malls were amazing. One had a SKI SLOPE FFS.
I spent 4 hours in one!? How!? We ate cheesecake (I so wish the cheesecake factory would open in London)  Welshy ate lobster.
We went out to the desert and rode Mr Sheila the gender confused camel and her devoted owner, went dune bashing, rode quadbikes and attempted sandboarding.
Lovely time and a lovely time with Welshy as well, especially after I ruined Croatia for us.

Anyway, came home horribly jetlagged Monday and went to work Tuesday. It was kinda awkward, I was being ignored, the new boss had taken over my candidates and as my notice expires in 2 weeks it seemed silly to throw myself back into them.
Rode Tuesday and V was the best she's ever been.
Went to work Wednesday and at 10am they told me they were sending me on "Gardening Leave" as "its clear your heart is not in it."
I assume they are judging this on my past behaviour? Although I'd actually been inspired since then as she was working hard to change how things were?
Bizarre.
Anyway. Went to have meeting with company B (The one that means long hours mentioned in last post) and it was all really productive and I just found out that they want me to start on the 28th!
Whoop! Bit nervous as they said honestly that they will get rid of someone if they have 3 months without progress. Hopefully that will keep me on my toes.
Long hours too. 8.30 till 6pm. Hoping once I start I can negotiage an earlier finish for riding.

But Seriously. 21k. I can start to save once again for a deposit. I can afford to keep a horse on that if I stay at home. I've never earnt so much in my life.

No comments: