Sunday, April 28, 2013

Yay Welshy came home! Rode today. Played with taking my left stirrup down two holes as since doing these hip loosening exercises its felt curled round, where as right leg is straighter.
I think it worked. Both legs hung looser and longer around the horse, although I'm not sure its perfect as I felt I was rising lower in the saddle and instead of the stirrup banging to the back of my leg it was not sitting on the ball of my foot. But that maybe a gripping issue on my part?
Practised trying to get our canter transitions fully accurate. I'm considering entering a mini dressage league so although I can get away in prelim as its "pick up canter between E and H" for example once you hit novice it becomes "pick up canter at E" and you only have a stride to work with rather than 6 or 7. She also has a tendency to run on a little and not return to trot all the time when I ask.

I may start a new blog to talk about all things "horse" I realise this may get rather boring and unfathomable - although I also realise people may think that about my life in general.

No comments: