Monday, December 05, 2011

Carmen is a spoilt brat of about 15/16, She thinks she is a big person in the town as her father owns the car dealership. If she is not happy with something she will phone her Mother to get her to complain.
She took today to mocking my accent, both in Spanish and in English, and said something clearly insulting about me in Spic.

I lost my temper.

"Carmen, you are the rudest, most unintelligent girl I have ever met."
"Que? What is rude?"
Javier looked it up in the dictionary. I thought she was going to faint.
"Miss Karran.... You... You insult me!"
"Yes Carmen, just like you insulted me, just now in Spanish. The way you insult my Spanish. You insult me by mocking my way of talking. You insult me by not doing your work or listening to what you have been told. You insult me by wasting my time."

From the look on her face no one has ever spoken to her in that way and she meekly got on with her work in silence.

No comments: