Sunday, January 13, 2008

last Wednesday was Dad's birthday so we went to see the Spamalot show. It was really fun, even if like me, you've been brought up opn the Monty Python movies, and you know all the jokes you still find a reason to laugh at them!
And if you're (un)lucky enough you may even get picked up out of the stage to help find the grail by King Arthur and his gang and get a photo taken on stage with them all.
Friday I went ice skating with some of the lads from work that i've gotten quite chummy with and a girl who used to work with us during the summer,unlike me though she wasnt lucky enough to be taken on perminantly.
it all went pretty well, really. The lads seem to think its funny that my lack of balance and co-ordination meant that it was ESSENTIAL that i flapped my arms around as stabilisers and to help me turn around corners, the other problem i have is that I get carried away with my own ability and find myself going really fast, then i start gliding, start panicking about how i'm going to stop and skate straight into a wall in order to save myself.
Well i sure stopped them laughing when one of them lost his concentration after skating around me showing off, and he promptly fell onto his arse, and i then drove my skate into his face and cut his cheek open.
Ooops. Still he seemed ok about my accident and we're still pals! Hurrah!
Then it was a rush to get off to meet Welshy, because! Scarily enough this weekend, turned out to be our one year thingy. So we went out for a weekend of fun and football (well for me)
Tomorrow after work E is joining me for a drinking session as we remember that its nearly a year since we flew out for NZ and we both are suffering from a bit of itchyfeet syndrome and agree its time for a new adventure!

1 comment:

shorty said...

Wow! One year with Welshy. Congrats!

Glad you had a good weekend despite how emotionally draining I'm sure it was for you.

I'm glad to see you posting more regularly.

Miss ya over at my place.