Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Yesterday I went for my first scuba diving lesson!
It was dead exciting! And its so odd and a little creepy being able to breathe under water! Its just wrong!
We had to do masses of home work before and then go over it and then sit a little test which took about 2 hours and then an hour actually playing in the pool.
We did all the boring safety stuff, how to set it up and then we got in the water and we learnt how to clear our masks when they fill, how to share someones air supply, how to rescue yours when it falls out your mouth, how to inflate and deflate out BCD (buoyancy control device, dontcha know!?)
I kept laughing which made my mask move about and fill with water and you burp lots! I guess its something to do with the air spaces in your body adjusting and moving about!

I cant wait for next week's session!

2 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

That sounds fantastic!

weenie said...

I don't have the confidence to do scuba diving (not being able to swim properly probably has something to do with it!) but I don't mind snorkelling!

I bet you'll get to see some really cool stuff, octopus and stuff! :-)