Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another email from the charbs!

She even uses a capital letter once or twice :-P

wanganui update....

boo, Wendys laptop is on dial up so its dead slow and stuff and wont let me up load pictures of my abseil for you all.But I shall fill you quickly in on my adventures since the last email, we'd gone and done an amazing abseil and caving, scrambling up waterfalls and ducking under low caves and then we ended up getting invited to the pub to celebrate surviving!So me and E and our guide Dan appeared in the pub and we started drinking and it turned into a great night.The French were really random and odd, and after I brought all 9 of them a drink, they decided we had to go back to their place in order to have a real tea (so far we've been living on cheap pub meals and carrotcake) so at half 11, we were taken back and then cooked a really nice piece of beef, and some pasta and then they all proceeded to try and teach me how to drink wine (i loathe it) cos they were insulted that I think it tastes like vinegar and they were very amused that I was downing it in a shot, as it was the only way I could drink it.It was a real random night and completely awesome.

After a 5 hour coaxh ride tthrough mountainsides we came to my friends house, now I/ve not seen Wendy for 7 years and the last time I saw her daughter she was about 6, nows shes a tall blonde and drop dead gorgeous, and a really cool person.She had only been here a little while before she was on her hands and knees rooting around in mud to fix the pool and showing up pictures of her first wild pig, that shed shot, skinned and gutted.
She's really wonderwoman!!
Today, we went to admire her in a ODE (one day event), I feel kinda proud about this as we took her for her first rides as a kid and now she's really good.And of course we all love being around horses, so we were having a whale of a time, watching her compete.We even ended up being line judges, over a square oxer, which basically means we just sit there and watch making sure that no one refuses, which is a minus point or falls off.
It was great!
This weekend we're doing another bungee jump and a jet boat ride across the river.


Blogsitter says:

If the definition of Wonder Woman is now someone who can skin and gut a pig, and not a very fit brunette is tight hotpants, then I'm beginning to suspect that the tramp I drive past every Monday morning is in fact Superman after the work stopped coming in....

2 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

It sounds like this trip is quite the whirlwind adventure.

weenie said...

Great victory over the Hammers! Thought of you as I was listening to the game on the radio! :-)