Wednesday, October 04, 2006

As you all probably know I'm not a girly kinda girl, my make up routine consists of brush teeth, brush hair go.
I'm very low maintaiance, and lazy.
I loathe shaving, its so fucking boring, and it takes so long, guys come on, imagine the whole shaving face boring routine and then times it by about a hundred, legs, arms and anywhere else that might need a trim up.
I hate it, its boring, so I leave it for as long as possible. Weeks and weeks until I start to resemble a yeti (to be fair though, It seems pointless shaving them in winter when no one sees my legs and if I have a night out planned then I'll do them then as well.)
So I'm always looking for ways to stop them growing and save me the hassle of shaving.
I tried those immac/veet cream things, that go on and then you wipe it off. I didnt have much luck with that, I'd have had less of a workout if I was sandpapering a whole room, so I tried again with some scrapy effort, and that worked kinda well, except it took great chunks of my skin with it, and then burned the rest (damn this sensitive skin)
So that leaves one option, and today I took the plunge and tried to wax them, it was partially sucessful, it didnt hurt as much as I thought it might (although this might be cos I cheated and shaved a few days prior)
However I've been left with a problem, I cant get the wax residue off my leg, I tried soap, I tried shampoo, I even really scraped the bottom of the barrel and used toothpaste (and my bros toothbrush - ssssh!) to try and remove it, but the damn stuff is stuck firm.
So I'm sitting here writing this, with half my jean leg firmly stuck and trapped to my leg.
I'm not looking forward to taking them off tonight, I think my jeans will rip and still remain attached to the wax attached to my leg.

5 comments:

shorty said...

Baby oil. Removes excess wax.

HistoryGeek said...

You might also want to look into going in and having it done. Here in the US most nail salons also do waxing. It's not that expensive, according to HippyChick. I've never actually had it done, and I don't shave because...well, because of all the reasons you gave and another that I won't go into right now.

Flash said...

I know I shouldn't laugh but...
HA HA HA HA HA HA ETC...

Red Squirrel said...

I'm with Flash on this one :)

weenie said...

Haha...sorry, I'm with Flash here....
Over the years, I've tried all different products and ways of hair removal...ended up back at square one, the trusty razor - takes seconds in the shower/bath...