Sunday, January 30, 2011

So my first week at schools gone ok, I think. I've been in a fiarly nice class with 7 year olds. Year 3. I did make a bit of a booboo on the first day showing up in jeans and trainers. My bad for not checking if there was a dress code!
No one really talks to me which makes it a lonely experience - well apart from the kids anyway - The teacher is on her first year after her PGCE so is a bit frazzled and still finding her feet.

I've been finding it kinda boring too. Interacting with the kids is fun but its just a bit repetative. "Is that really how you spell that? Why can't you shut up.... Do you need help with that.... What do you think is the right answer?" And so on.
I could see myself doing it, its easy shit although the teachers tales of arriving at 7.30 for work and leaving at 9 scare me slightly!
I'd get bored doing it too. Towards the end of the week, I found myself yawning and clockwatching, not really bothering to explain to the kids whats, what and giving them the wrong impression of how to do things (Hey they should have listened in the first place)

Friday was Bird day and I got to meet some hawks and pet a barn owl, which then landed on my knee! That was the best day so far and I have another week to go yet.

Friday was also Welshy's birthday and we went out, I got drunk and managed to lose my bank cards AGAIN. Such a moron.

I've fallen out with him today. I told him I don't want him home. He insists on playing cricket and then drinking with that prat we lived with last year. Yeah the guy that robbed over 200 quid from us, left me miserable most of the year, hiding in our room, the guy who's girl accused me of giving her cancer(!) and forced us to return home.

If he can condon and accept such behaviour I don't want him here.

No comments: