Thursday, January 06, 2011

So here we are five years in...
Scary how time flies and how memories that you thought would stay forever start to fade. I remember that day, the call to work to say I couldn't make it in, sitting around. Not knowing what to say, to comfort him. The fear.
But I no longer remember his voice, I struggle to remember his healthy face, rather than the pale, guant, grey, cancer-riddled one.

This day, this week used to be something that I feared, that was to be endured and then we can all try to move on again, in our own ways. Now I feel its just a quiet, reflective time.

I miss him. I wish I could have had more time, I wish I could have introduced him to Welshy. I wish he was about, to tell my adventures too. But he's not. And now its time to get on with my life.

1 comment:

shorty said...

Wow,5 years. I remember him well too, by the stories you would tell.

This should be reflective happy times. He would be so proud of you and I'm sure he has seen you with Welshy.

Hugs