Tuesday, October 17, 2006



Its taken a hell of a lot of planning, but! I think I'm finally starting to get organised on this holiday in the New Year, Me and E have decided to only visit New Zealand rather than try and fit in Oz too and rush about, missing out on things and we've also FINALLY come up with a list of places that we wanna visit.
As can be shown by the badly scanned in maps.
Now all we need are important details, like how we're gonna get about and eat and live and stuff like that.
If it was up to me, I'd just pootle over, and figure it all out on the way. E however is a planning, organised kinda person, so she's busy panicking over whether its worth hiring a car to take us round or exactly where we'll stay and what direction we'll do it all in.
My contribution to all this has been to volunteer to be a navigator and cruise along in her slipstream while she fusses and rushes round trying to find the best way to fly there or the cheapest flights.
I quit work today over it, well I quit for January and the conversation went kinda like.
"Big Boss Lady, do you think I'll get time off in the New Year for 6 weeks?"
BBL "I dont think so, why do you want all the time off?"
Me "Ok then I'll quit in the New Year, I wanna go to New Zealand"
her "Fair 'nuff"
HURRAH!

5 comments:

Hyde said...

Wow! I haven't stopped by in a few days and you've becoming a blogging fiend! Looks like the trip will be great!

:)

h

Flash said...

It's so excellent that you are doing this trip. Go You!

Red Squirrel said...

The drive from Queenstown to Fox Glacier/Franz Josef is amazing - definitely hire a car for that bit as it cuts through one of the national parks.

Shame you'll miss out on Oz though!

HistoryGeek said...

I really do think you will need a social worker/therapist along on your trip...can you squeeze me into some luggage?

Babs said...

Lucky bugger!! :P